Saturday, May 13, 2017

Tsunami Rose Designs DT Project Share

Hello, fellow crafters! It's time once again for another project share from Tsunami Rose Designs (TRD) I will share more links below. 👀 I love using this journal kit! It's called Kitten Memoirs, and since I have a kitty named Mittens, I thought it would be perfect to alter a cigar box and put pictures, memorabilia, and so on in it. Can you tell I love my cat?

So here is what I came up with:
Top View

Top Angled View

Front View

Inside Top View

Inside Bottom View

Another Top Angled View

Tags with Pockets

I love these papers! They print so clearly! Altering this was a lot of fun! I always use Gesso on my projects first, unless they're going to be completely covered with paper. As for this box, I wanted to leave a little white around the edging, hence using the Gesso. Once I painted it, I set it aside to dry so I could work on the papers I wanted to print out. I then covered the outside with some solid cardstock I had in my stash, and then used various cards and such for the decorations. 

I fussy cut a few pieces out and gave them a "glass" look by coating them with double embossing clear powder. Then I cut out my journal cards. I used one of them as a pocket for my larger tags (the one with the pink lace on front of it). All those were placed inside the cigar box.

Inside the box, I used TRD Kitty Memoirs paper to cover. I also decorated the inside of the lid. One of the decorations is a pocket with mini-tags. I also used silver glitter washi tape on the inside edge of the box and an applique on the inside bottom, just to give it a little more "pizzaz"!

Now, I also want to mention that I used some Prima mist spray to give the colors on the outside papers a little less of brightness to it. That was just to give it more of a shabby chic look to it. I was very pleased with the colors.

I hope you enjoyed this project! Please be sure to check out all the links below to Tsunami Rose Designs! 

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw


3 comments: