Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Crafty Gals Corner Challenges April 5th, 2017

Hey, crafters! Guess what time it is?? It's time for another week of Challenges over at Crafty Gals Corner!  This is Challenge #117 - Theme: 3+ Layers! Yes, the card base counts as a layer as long as it shows. Here is our sponsor for this week:

Prize: $10 Gift Certificate
Wowzers! A $10 Gift Certificate is an awesome prize! Now here's my project using Lily Cat Fairy
She is such a cutie! So as you can see, I have my 3 layers: The base of the card, a mounting piece on top of that, and then the white mounting piece with the digital on top. I foam mounted the white digital piece so it would stand out more, and then the pearls gave it the extra dimension I was looking for. She was colored with my Prismacolors (for some reason I'm running low on my colors...gasp!) The butterflies you see there are ones I made using heavy duty vellum from the Paper Temptress. I used ink on the back of them to color them in...kind of gives it a watercolor effect.

You see the kitty? I have a kitty named Mittens, a muted (diluted) tortoiseshell cat. (Not a breed, just her markings.) I love my kitty, so I figured this kitty needed to be a tortie. My cat actually has more gray markings than what I put on this one, but that's ok. I could change that if I wanted to, but I liked it so I left it.

I hope you come on over and join us in on the fun! 3+ layers...endless possibilities! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw



No comments:

Post a Comment