Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Crafty Gals Corner - #95

Hello, everyone! It's time for another challenge over at Crafty Gals Corner blog! This week, #95, is ANYTHING GOES! Here are our sponsors for this week:

Prize ~$10 Gift Certificate



Prize ~ 7 digital images

Prize ~ 3 digital images

For my project this week, I chose the Flapper Twirl Girl from Lemon Shortbread. I love doing tags, so I decided she would be perfect as a Christmas tag. So I colored her with my Prismacolors in Red and Black. I used stickles to glitter up her necklace, earrings, and belt.

I started my tag by cutting a piece of paper that is used in paper packages. It's not really chipboard, maybe more like a lightweight piece of cardboard. I then layer it in 2 sheets of cardstock, embossed it with a clock folder, used a burlap stencil with texture paste, and very fine glitter on top of the texture paste. Once that was dry, I glued my image down. I placed a red poinsettia I had made last year on the top of my tag. Under that, I adhered a sentiment tag. Using my Silhouette, I cut out an impatiens file. Rather than making it into an impatiens, I decided I'd make 3 rose from small to large.

At the bottom of the tag I placed a piece of lace on with hot glue and a double row of pearl strands. On top of that I glued 3 silver glitter snowflakes. 

I wanted her to look like she was going to a Christmas part. I hope I succeeded in that! Please join us in our challenge for this week. Don't think your project isn't good enough! Because we know it is!

I've entered this tag at the following challenges:
Lemon Shortbread - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
Try it on Tuesday - Anything, using embellishments you made (I made the large poinsettia and the flowers)




Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas project

    Thank you for sharing it at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag. Thanks for playing with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenges. Good luck.

    Alpna-DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the colours. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the background you created for her! The texture and sparkle are so awesome! So is that big sparkly flower and gorgeous lace!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete