Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Outlawz Color Challenge

Week of May 17th - 23rd

This week I got to choose the challenge...Photo Inspiration! Below is the photo....use this photo to find your inspiration and tell us what it is. :-)

I love all the colors in this photo. My inspiration from this were the flowers, the purple, and the gold. The purples went perfectly with this lovely embroidered fan I got from KPKre8tions. She has some really gorgeous pieces there, and she makes them herself....they are NOT store bought. 
I made a white base card to incorporate white into the piece. Then I layered it with White Skinny Columns paper I got from Paper Temptress. I inked it up with colors from the photo, using Tim Holtz distress inks. I then made a banner using the Azalea Mica/Metallic paper also from Paper Temptress. (They're having a sale...go check it out!). I topped that banner piece off with some pink gingham paper I had in my stash. Using the Gold POW glitter paper on each side of the banner gave it a little "pop" to it. The lace below is from Cindy's Lighthouse stop n' shop on Facebook. She sells some beautiful pieces at VERY reasonable prices.

I did use my Prima watercolor pencils on this image. I wanted it to have that kind of a look to it. I hope you enjoy it and that you will join us for this week's challenge!

Blessings, Jeanie - Scrapbookingmamaw


No comments:

Post a Comment