Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Are you ready for Challenge #44 at Crafty Gals Corner
This week the challenge is Autumn Hues!

Here is your inspiration for this challenge:

Sponsor:

I love the colors for this project! It was loads of fun! Here is a picture of my project:

You're My Cup of Tea - Front of card



Inside of card


My husband and I will be celebrating our 44th anniversary in November, so I thought this was the perfect digital for that! And of course, the color hues are perfect for a man's card! I cut out a cardstock piece 8.5"x 4.25" and folded it in half. This card is entirely made out of paper from the Paper Temptress papers. I colored in my digital using partly Prima Watercolor pencils and partly Prismacolor pencils. I use them like watercolor pencils, and they work great! 

To do the skin tone, I always start with a light flesh color, and then darken it up. I always start with the face. I then used several layers of color to obtain the color of the cup. Once I got the digital colored in, I layered a piece of the Autumn Breeze Overlay (Autumn Breeze), layered it on top of the card, then the digital. I then took a cotton ball and covered it with fingernail polish remover, then rubbed it onto the paper (inside, right). Then I placed the underside of the overlay on top of the inside card, and rubbed the overlay with a popsicle stick, then removed it and I now had a "printed" page full of leaves! The heart you see is a wood chip that I rubbed metallic rub-ons on. The ribbon you see if also from Paper Temptress, called Ivory Feather Edge. The little bits of red is Red Glossy. 

I hope you enjoy this project. And I hope to see you in the challenge! I always love seeing your creative juices flowing!

Blessings,
Jeanie

Paper: Dark Orange BASIS, Red Glossy, and Sweet Tooth.

I have also entered this card into these challenges:
Digi Chooseday - Reds, Oranges, and Browns
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes
Catch the Bug - Anything Goes








6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!!!Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Challenges. Monica.-Dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Jeanie! 44 years, WOW. Hubby and I will be celebrating our 30th this month :-) Beautiful card, I'm sure he will love it.
    Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and creative card! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice creation, love this sweet image you have used. Thanks so much for playing in our Red, Orange, Brown challenge at Digi Choosday this time. Hugs:) Audrey DT

    ReplyDelete