Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Hello, Crafty Crafters! Crafty Gals Corner has put out a new challenge for this week (Week #43). This week's challenge is Anything Goes!


Our sponsors this week are:

The East Wind
Prize: 2 Digital Images

Stitchy Bear Digital Outlet
Prize: $10 Gift Certificate

Here is my challenge project for this week:
Lady Reading Vintage - Stitchy Bear Digitals

I had loads of fun with this digital! I love anything vintage or shabby chic! For this project, I decided to make a tag out of her. First, of course, I colored her in with my Prima watercolors. Then I cut out the size of chipboard I wanted, and put Gesso on it so the paint would adhere. I used my Shimmerz Inklings Watercolors. I absolutely love those! Those jars are small, but go a long way! After that, I had used texture paste on it but by the time I added all my other elements, it didn't show. But, oh well...things sometimes change in the middle of a project! I then used a Stampabilities "Faded Text Background" on it, because I thought that was appropriate since she was reading.

I then put lace on the top, first a wide blue/turquoise color, then layered a white one in the middle of that, the on the top edge, a heart lace. Of course I got those from Cindy's Lighthouse stop n' shop! ;-) Where else?? The eyelet border around the edge was the very last thing I put on.

I added a butterfly, a flower, and glass glitter from Reneabouquets, and the bottom right butterfly from ScrapbookingwithMe Boutique, along with the turquoise Glass Beads, Shimmerz, and flat-backed pearls. I wanted her dress to be extra special, so I added Glass Glitter from Renea's onto her dress. 

She actually didn't take long to do at all! Quick, fun, and yet so elegant! I hope you join in on the fun at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges! I can't wait to see all the projects!! 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and such wonderful texture. I LUV what you did on her dress. :-)
    Thank you for making such a great project using our Digis.
    It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

    Best wishes,

    IKE x

    DT for StitchyBear Digi Outlet

    ReplyDelete