Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Time for Challenge #35! This week the challenge is Embossing!

Our sponsors this week are:

Beccy's Place
Prize: 3 digital images or 1 digital set

AND

DeeDee's Digis
Prize: $15 Gift Certificate


Here is my DT project for this week. I used the Scarlet Robin from Beccy's Place. I love birds, so this was totally a fun project for me! I printed the bird larger than I had originally intended to do, but once I did, I figured I would go ahead and use it anyway. Once again, I used my Prima watercolors...which I may have to buy really soon, as they're starting to get smaller! I used black cardstock as my base, then trimmed red cardstock to layer on the outside cover. I then embossed my white cardstock as my dry emboss technique. I had a wooden chipboard piece I bought from ScrapbookingwithMe Boutique via their Facebook page, so I decided to use it for my wet embossing. I pressed my wooden piece into my BIG Emboss It (Clear) Ranger pad (from Reneabouquets). I then used the Stampendous Aged Rose embossing enamel and the Stampendous Shabby White embossing enamel. I just happen to like the look. I added ribbon toward the lower bottom of the white, then adhered my wooden piece. Then I added flat-backed pearls from the SWMB. I also glued Sand Glass Glitter from Renea's. I put gloss on the beak and on the eye of the robin. And then I called it done! I didn't do anything to the inside as yet, because I wasn't sure what I'm going to use it for. I hope you enjoy it, and even more, I hope you join in the challenge and let me see what you've done!

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check out my YouTube channel too! (link in sidebar)

Blessings! Jeanie

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Jeanie. Love all the embossing you did on this card. Sweet image, and lovely card layout. Love the sparkle :-)
    Hugs,
    ♥ Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete