Wednesday, August 26, 2015


This week the challenge is Lots of Layers!

Our sponsors this week is:

Flat Friends Boutique


Prize: TBA

Here is the project I did, using the I Love You digital stamp. I made a "Love Plaque" to hang.

I love trying new things. So I took a wooden plaque, spread Gesso all over it, then used watercolors to spread onto the board. I then used 2 Prima stencils for the "Love" and the flowers at the bottom of the plaque. I cut out my digital and then placed her onto a piece of chalk cardstock, then used decorative scissors to cut around her. I used TH distress tool to make the edge of the paper more ragged. I always use Prima swirl pearls...believe me, they're the best I've ever used! I then layer dangling pearls just above and just below the stenciled flowers. I added different elements of color onto the flowers, and added Glass Glitter on the left edge, and other places on my project. Then I added some glitter to my butterflies and adhered flowers I got from Reneabouquets. I also used metallic watercolor on the word "Love" because I wanted it to stand out more and give it an edgy look. The butterflies are from Petaloo...Scrapbookingwithme sells these. 

Head on over to Crafty Gals Corner Challenges and make your own project - LOTS OF LAYERS! Let's see your beautiful work!

Until next time! Jeanie, Design Team Member

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely project! Love the colours and the pearl flourishes. Very pretty card design!
    Hugs,
    Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete