Wednesday, August 19, 2015

New week, new challenge (#33) over at the Crafty Gals Corner Challenges Blog! This week the challenge is Anything Goes! What do you love to do best? Well, let's craft it! And have fun with it!

Our sponsors this week are:

STAMPlorations
Prize: $10 Gift Certficate


Prize: Spring Blessings Digital Stamp Set
Here is my project for this week's challenge. I love those butterflies and that rose was so much fun to do! 






I know I say this every time....but I absolutely LOVED this! It was so much fun to do! I started out with a 9 1/2" x 12" white cardstock, then embossed it. Then I used Tim Holtz distress ink (lavender) and swiped it over the embossing, inside and out. I dried it with my heat gun so I wouldn't take a chance of getting ink on my white cardstock with the digital on it. Once again, I used my Prima watercolor pencils (I'm thinking I might need to buy more!!). I then folded my embossed card to overlap a little bit, and proceeded to cut the flaps so instead of overlapping they would "join" when they closed. Then I used my lace from Cindy (once again...I can't resist her lace!), pearl trim,  and ribbon on the inside. I used Reneabouquets Black Glitter Glass to trim the butterflies and to decorate the butterfly. I love bling! As you can see, I only adhered the butterflies down on half of their body so the card could open up easily. There you pretty much have it! Pretty simple, pretty easy, but oh so much fun! FYI: I got the idea for the fold of the card from We R Memory Keeper's newsletter I receive. 

Let's see what your project is for this challenge! And as I always say....have fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment