Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Challenge #31: Let's Celebrate ~ Birthday! (8/5)

Another week, another challenge. Yay! This week the challenge is Let's Celebrate ~ Birthday!

Our sponsors this week are:




Prize: $25 Gift Certificate





Prize: 3 Digital Images





Prize: 3 Digital Images



Here is the DT Project I did for this week's challenge. Lacy Sunshine Stamps - Lizabeth Rockabilly

I absolutely love this one! She was so fun! 

To start off, I figured out what size of a card I wanted to do and cut the white sheet for my digi last so I could have the exact size I wanted. Then I colored her with my Prima Watercolors and Prismacolors...I love the pink and green! My card ended up being a total of 5x7". I then cut out the black cardstock (ALL of my paper was from Paper Temptress, plus the overlay. I mounted the black and white mats on top of the pink, then placed trim and embellishments onto the white.

Inside the card, I kind of distress the pink paper somewhat. I wanted to transfer one of the overlays onto the page, so I brushed on fingernail polish remover onto the inside card, then quickly placed the overlay on top and rubbed. Success! (Got that from Paper Temptress.) When I lifted the overlay, I noticed some of the coloring had come off, but I really liked it. So it worked out perfectly. Then I placed black lace on the bottom of the card and put Glass Glitter on it from Reneabouquets. I went on to my shimmery white cardstock and stamped "A Note For You" onto it. I left room so I could write on it. Then I put an overlay on the top of that. 


Here is the place for the sentiment.  I hope you enjoy it and join in on the challenge! You'll  have a lot of fun doing this Birthday challenge! I can't wait to see yours!
Blessings!!

4 comments:

  1. Just love your card...great design especially transferring the overlay, you said that you used fingernail polish.....I am thinking you just forget to add the remover since it is fingernail polish remover that works well for the transfer...otherwise I just love this card...great job
    Patricia
    www.papertemptress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I just noticed that! Lol! I was getting ready to read your comment first, though. I had posted this once and for some reason I lost the whole post and had to re-do everything. Thanks so much, Patricia! :-D

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete