Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Happy Wednesday, everyone! It's time for another challenge from Crafty Gals Corner! This week's challenge is To Die For. Use several dies.....already cut out dies, metal dies, paper dies, machine dies....etc! This week's sponsors are All Dressed Up and STAMPlorations.

I did 2 projects this week, with the first one being Mirror, Mirror by All Dressed Up and the second one was Sketched Roses by STAMPlorations. With each one, I basically began with the same technique...stenciled a pattern and then colored over them with the Inklingz Shimmerz Watercolors. I used a metallic pen and then added glass glitter over the mirror to give it more of a sparkle to the glass. All glass glitter was bought from ReneaBouquets. Then I added various die cuts, including butterflies from Renea's and clock diecuts and butterflies. I always trim the edge of the canvas with lace or ribbon. I used my Prima Watercolor pencils on each of my digital images. I LOVE those pencils! 

The Sketched Roses was was placed over 2 die cut butterflies I had cut with my Big Shot. I added Tim Holtz distress glitter to the edge of each of them. Then I added various die cut elements and layers. I normally use lace in each of my mixed media projects. For me, it just adds a bit of "flair" to the project.

Have fun with your challenge! I can't wait to see them all!


 Mirror, Mirror


Sketched Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment